Re: [NTO] Windows file manager that shows space used for folder?

  • Ray Shapp
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 8, 2002
      Hi Alice,

      I learned about the following freeware on this forum. It's called Folder Size
      Shell Extension. I've been using version 3.2 for about 8 months with no
      problems. Download it from the author at>>>>

      http://space.dolphin.free.fr/

      Ray Shapp
      Watchung, NJ
    • h.paulissen@facburfdcw.unimaas.nl
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 10, 2002
        Hi Alice,

        > Awhile back, I think someone posted about a replacement file
        > manager for Windows
        > 98
        > that would show the total space used for folders, not just for files?

        A very convenient filemanager is 2xExplorer, which is free. It has an option
        (Tools | Folder Data, Ctrl+D) to show you the size of a (sub-)folder.

        From the website
        >>Folder subtree data. Similar to TreeSize, this feature can generate
        information about the number of files and associated storage for a complete
        sub-tree beneath some folder. The results are presented intuitively in a
        tree control.<<

        You'll love it...
        http://netez.com/2xExplorer/intro.html

        Hugo