Re: [NTO] Windows file manager that shows space used for folder?

  • alice ttlg
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 8, 2002
      This is a nice program! and cheap too, I like cheap, thanks much!

      alice ttlg

      http://idiotbox.populli.net/
      Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. -- Douglas Adams

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 8, 2002
        Hi Alice,

        I learned about the following freeware on this forum. It's called Folder Size
        Shell Extension. I've been using version 3.2 for about 8 months with no
        problems. Download it from the author at>>>>

        http://space.dolphin.free.fr/

        Ray Shapp
        Watchung, NJ
      • h.paulissen@facburfdcw.unimaas.nl
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 10, 2002
          Hi Alice,

          > Awhile back, I think someone posted about a replacement file
          > manager for Windows
          > 98
          > that would show the total space used for folders, not just for files?

          A very convenient filemanager is 2xExplorer, which is free. It has an option
          (Tools | Folder Data, Ctrl+D) to show you the size of a (sub-)folder.

          From the website
          >>Folder subtree data. Similar to TreeSize, this feature can generate
          information about the number of files and associated storage for a complete
          sub-tree beneath some folder. The results are presented intuitively in a
          tree control.<<

          You'll love it...
          http://netez.com/2xExplorer/intro.html

          Hugo