Re: [NTO] Windows file manager that shows space used for folder?

  • toushoes
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 8, 2002
      The one I use is "SpaceMan"

      http://www.extrabit.com SpaceMan 99 v2.11

      @ ]]) Wendy
      @ ]]) aka: Toushoes

      On Sat, 8 Jun 2002 17:12:51 -0500, you wrote:

      >Awhile back, I think someone posted about a replacement file manager
      for Windows
      >98
      >that would show the total space used for folders, not just for files?
      >
      >Anybody remember that or have a link to something like that?
      >
      >alice ttlg
      >

      >http://idiotbox.populli.net/
      >~ * ~ * ~ ~ * ~ * ~ ~ * ~ * ~ ~ * ~ * ~ ~ * ~ * ~
      >....the American desire to be individual clashes with the American
      desire to
      >conform and the resulting stress creates the American desire to shoot
      people. --
      >Graham, the Happy Scum

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • alice ttlg
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 8, 2002
        This is a nice program! and cheap too, I like cheap, thanks much!

        alice ttlg

        http://idiotbox.populli.net/
        Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. -- Douglas Adams

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 8, 2002
          Hi Alice,

          I learned about the following freeware on this forum. It's called Folder Size
          Shell Extension. I've been using version 3.2 for about 8 months with no
          problems. Download it from the author at>>>>

          http://space.dolphin.free.fr/

          Ray Shapp
          Watchung, NJ
        • h.paulissen@facburfdcw.unimaas.nl
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 10, 2002
            Hi Alice,

            > Awhile back, I think someone posted about a replacement file
            > manager for Windows
            > 98
            > that would show the total space used for folders, not just for files?

            A very convenient filemanager is 2xExplorer, which is free. It has an option
            (Tools | Folder Data, Ctrl+D) to show you the size of a (sub-)folder.

            From the website
            >>Folder subtree data. Similar to TreeSize, this feature can generate
            information about the number of files and associated storage for a complete
            sub-tree beneath some folder. The results are presented intuitively in a
            tree control.<<

            You'll love it...
            http://netez.com/2xExplorer/intro.html

            Hugo