Windows file manager that shows space used for folder?

  • alice ttlg
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 8, 2002
      Awhile back, I think someone posted about a replacement file manager for Windows
      98
      that would show the total space used for folders, not just for files?

      Anybody remember that or have a link to something like that?

      alice ttlg

      http://idiotbox.populli.net/
      ....the American desire to be individual clashes with the American desire to
      conform and the resulting stress creates the American desire to shoot people. --
      Graham, the Happy Scum
    • toushoes
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 8, 2002
        The one I use is "SpaceMan"

        http://www.extrabit.com SpaceMan 99 v2.11

        @ ]]) Wendy
        @ ]]) aka: Toushoes

        On Sat, 8 Jun 2002 17:12:51 -0500, you wrote:

        >Awhile back, I think someone posted about a replacement file manager
        for Windows
        >98
        >that would show the total space used for folders, not just for files?
        >
        >Anybody remember that or have a link to something like that?
        >
        >alice ttlg
        >

        >http://idiotbox.populli.net/
        >~ * ~ * ~ ~ * ~ * ~ ~ * ~ * ~ ~ * ~ * ~ ~ * ~ * ~
        >....the American desire to be individual clashes with the American
        desire to
        >conform and the resulting stress creates the American desire to shoot
        people. --
        >Graham, the Happy Scum

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • alice ttlg
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 8, 2002
          This is a nice program! and cheap too, I like cheap, thanks much!

          alice ttlg

          http://idiotbox.populli.net/
          Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. -- Douglas Adams

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 8, 2002
            Hi Alice,

            I learned about the following freeware on this forum. It's called Folder Size
            Shell Extension. I've been using version 3.2 for about 8 months with no
            problems. Download it from the author at>>>>

            http://space.dolphin.free.fr/

            Ray Shapp
            Watchung, NJ
          • h.paulissen@facburfdcw.unimaas.nl
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 10, 2002
              Hi Alice,

              > Awhile back, I think someone posted about a replacement file
              > manager for Windows
              > 98
              > that would show the total space used for folders, not just for files?

              A very convenient filemanager is 2xExplorer, which is free. It has an option
              (Tools | Folder Data, Ctrl+D) to show you the size of a (sub-)folder.

              From the website
              >>Folder subtree data. Similar to TreeSize, this feature can generate
              information about the number of files and associated storage for a complete
              sub-tree beneath some folder. The results are presented intuitively in a
              tree control.<<

              You'll love it...
              http://netez.com/2xExplorer/intro.html

              Hugo