Re: [NTO] Re: [Clip] Find and replace throughout site

    Message 1 of 5 , May 31, 2002
      Hello Alec & Christine,

      >> Another good one that I find a bit easier is RName-it.
      >> http://www.notetab.net/html/addons.htm
      >
      >However ... isn't this just a Renamer? I think Christine
      >was looking for something to do in-file changes (though
      >they often go hand-in-hand).

      Oops; jumped the gun. Yes, it is a re-namer with quite a
      few options.

      >Now if only ... I could get the author of BK-Replacem to
      >have "replace commands" support a call to Perl - almost
      >exactly the same way that Notetab does. Can anyone think
      >of way to extend it without or without the involvement of
      >Notetab clips?
      >
      >(Jody - this is the same guy who wrote BK-color ...at
      >least he's got the same site. Maybe it should be added to
      >your recommended list?)

      Yes, I know they are from the same author. Maybe once a year I
      try to get him to do just a Find with options to also get so many
      words on each side of the search criteria. I can probably do
      that with Ransack, but I think it would be a pain. Ransack is
      sure enough a fast finder with RegExp and Win/dos. I've been
      working on my Library for it tonight to add an option to use RegExp or Win/DOS.

      Now all I need to do is reformat one of the copies of my King
      James Bible 1611 to a format that works better with Ransack than
      I have now. The current works fine if there is not many
      occurrences of the search criteria such as "In the beginning",
      but if there are many like "God" look out. ;) It searches
      speedily through all the books in separate files, but only lists
      the first book that the occurrence is in causing for an
      additional search. This is the way I'll change it to:

      Genesis 1:1 ¶In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

      Genesis 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

      Genesis 1:3 ¶And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 17, 2002
        Hi Alec

        Yes, it is...