Re: [NTO] Unicode / UTF-8 encoding Question.

  • Larry Hamilton
    Message 1 of 15 , May 23, 2002
      Laurie,

      The genealogy program I use saves GEDCOM (genealogy data in text form) as
      UTF-8 by default. I ran into a problem opening it in NoteTab, and Eric fixed
      it in the 4.9 beta, I forget which one off the top of my head.

      If you open the file in MS-Word, you will see these characters at the front
      of the file:

      If you delete those characters and save as text, it will work, or you can
      get the latest beta of NoteTab.

      Larry