Re: [NTO] Acropad

  • Adrian Worsfold
    Message 1 of 4 , May 13, 2002
      I took a certain word wrapped text lecture given by Bill Clinton in London some
      months ago. In Acropad it went off the page when viewed in PDF unless the
      PDF margins were set at nil. In NoteTab, printed to a PRN, and that PRN
      dropped on to MakePDF, the .PDF result was 11 clean pages with page
      numbers as set up in NoteTab itself.

      I tried it with a text file on New Zealand history. This time the AcroPad would
      not convert the whole document to PDF giving two error notices, and had the
      same margin errors. It went through with NoteTab and .PRN without a problem.

      The I put the Clinton lecture text into a text editor that gives headers and
      footers and the PRN-PDF produced a .PDF file with those headers and footers.
      It has produced a very good PDF file.

      AcroPad is an example of a program that is only nearly right each time, and
      the fact it isn't right means I shall chuck it away. It has no options, whereas
      the marginally slower .PRN and MakePDF methods contain all the options of
      the original file used. NoteTab would have to have its options as part of the
      export to PDF process, and actually NoteTab needs print preview and headers
      and footers more than the PDF export.

      Adrian Worsfold

      http://www.pluralist.co.uk