Re: [NTO] How can I change Microsoft-Fax connection?

  • DA
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6, 2002
      Hi Dr. Schroder,

      I don't know which OS you are using or what fax software you have,
      but on my Win98 system I have RingCentral Fax and you select the
      port you want it to use in the printers window.

      On my Win2k system that has WinFax, also has a port selection in the
      "Printers" window.

      Go to Control Panel|Printers

      Right click on your fax software then select properties

      On Win98 my port selection is under the "details" tab.

      On Win2k my port selection is under the "ports" tab.

      You might have to go to Control Panel|Phone and Modem Options to see
      what COM port your phone modem is connected to. In Win98 it is
      Control Panel|Modems that shows which COM port is attached to your
      modem.

      I don't have a DSL modem so I can't be sure this will work for
      you, but I do have multiple phone modems installed and this
      is how I select which modem to use.

      DA

      I have my Internet connection