Re: [NTO] How can I change Microsoft-Fax connection?

    Message 1 of 3 , May 6, 2002
      Hi Dr. Schröder,

      Beats me how you would, but can't you setup a DUN like you did in
      older times, connect, and then send the fax? If it automatically
      tries to open your DSL anyway, perhaps there is an option like in
      Printers to set the default.

      >I am pretty sure that this might not be the right forum, but I
      >don't know any other forum. I have my Internet connection
      >installed on my computer over a DSL-modem and have another modem
      >installed, too. I would like to send my faxes over the other
      >modem but whenever I want to do that the DSL-connection is called
      >up. Where and how can I change to my "normal" modem?

    • DA
      Message 2 of 3 , May 6, 2002
        Hi Dr. Schroder,

        I don't know which OS you are using or what fax software you have,
        but on my Win98 system I have RingCentral Fax and you select the
        port you want it to use in the printers window.

        On my Win2k system that has WinFax, also has a port selection in the
        "Printers" window.

        Go to Control Panel|Printers

        Right click on your fax software then select properties

        On Win98 my port selection is under the "details" tab.

        On Win2k my port selection is under the "ports" tab.

        You might have to go to Control Panel|Phone and Modem Options to see
        what COM port your phone modem is connected to. In Win98 it is
        Control Panel|Modems that shows which COM port is attached to your
        modem.

        I don't have a DSL modem so I can't be sure this will work for
        you, but I do have multiple phone modems installed and this
        is how I select which modem to use.

        DA