- *This message was transferred with a trial version of CommuniGate(tm) Pro* Hi all! I suppose many of you like to have PDF files in their sites, but AdobeMessage 1 of 31 , May 15, 2000View Source*This message was transferred with a trial version of CommuniGate(tm) Pro*
I suppose many of you like to have PDF files in their sites, but Adobe
Distiller (the official program to write them) is almost expensive.
There is a way to create PDF files for free, using a converted Linux
utility called GhostScript.
Here is how to do:
- install drivers for a color postscript printer like Textronic Phaser III
(you don't need to buy it!) redirecting output to FILE instead of LPT1
- install GhostScript and related programs (see the site)
- from any program (even graphic ones!) make a print using PS printer, and
rename the output as .ps (postscript file)
- open the .ps file with GhostScript and export as PDF
Oh, remember that Unix/Linux users are able to see directly .ps files, so,
if your site has a multi-platform target, you can use them, too!
- Hi Marco, ... No, that is not at all what I meant. I meant, please ask if I want help, but do not force it on me if I do not want it. Bye for now, Jody AdairMessage 31 of 31 , May 20, 2000View SourceHi Marco,
>> No, you are missing my whole point. Go for it; that is up toNo, that is not at all what I meant. I meant, please ask if I
>> you. I'm all for it and one might get the idea that I do it
>> myself if they were to see how many posts I make to the lists
>> and a considerable amount off the lists helping NoteTabbers
>> out. Just don't force me to do it else the Rebel will come out
>> in me and I'll fight it! ;)
> In other words: "I help you, but don't ask for my help or I hit
> you" ;-) Better not to cite Bukowski words about same
> argument... but he says the same thing.
want help, but do not force it on me if I do not want it.
Bye for now,
Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23