Re: [NTO] DLL Remover

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 3 , May 4, 2002
      Jody, Wendy

      The link Wendy gave went to something called "the
      Thinking Man's Thesarus"

      I think the one Wendy meant was:
      http://www.theabsolute.net/sware/#clnsys (maybe the same
      author?)

      but it says:
      >>CLEAN SYSTEM DIRECTORY
      v1.7
      Clean unused DLLs out of your Windows System directory
      For experienced users.
      Not for WinME, WinNT, Win2000 or later.
      DOWNLOAD Clean System Directory (70kb .ZIP, for Win3.1,
      Win95, Win98)
      - Freeware -
      << Looks like XP is ruled out.
      Just curious - with the size of HDD's today is there much
      reason to clean out "useless" dll's anymore?

      Regards ... Alec

      Message 2 of 3 , May 5, 2002
        Hi Alec and Others,

        >The link Wendy gave went to something called "the
        >Thinking Man's Thesarus"
        >
        >I think the one Wendy meant was:
        >http://www.theabsolute.net/sware/#clnsys (maybe the same
        >author?)

        That's the one I had before (I remember by his home page <g>). I
        liked it mainly because my computer always worked after it was
        done, placed the removed files in backup just in case 1 or more
        were removed that should have not been. "Not for WinME, WinNT,
        Win2000 or later" does not look to hopeful. I'll check out the
        others folks. Alec, about the size of drives: that is not really
        my concern as far as freeing up drive space - although it helps
        me at times when I get one of my partitions too big. I mainly
        try to stay at peak performance. I realize it is said they do
        not hurt anything just leaving them there, but IMO it does - not
        grave, but performance overall. There are just that many more
        files to search through to find things either with a script or
        manually and I just can't help but think there is more work going
        on in places. I can notice a difference after doing many files,
        or did should I say.