Ghostscript

  • Adrian Worsfold
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 22, 2002
      This topic briefly again - anyone know how to improve the standard of images this
      program produces taking something to .PDF. They show signs of hefty
      compression.

      Adrian Worsfold

      http://www.pluralist.co.uk
    • Scott Fordin
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 23, 2002
        Adrian,

        You're going to want to adjust parameters for the pdfwrite
        settings. The specific settings for your particular types
        of graphics will vary, so you'll have to do some tweaking.
        The keys things to look out for are going to be Resolution,
        PDFSETTINGS, CompressPages, ConvertCMYKImagesToRGB,
        DownsampleColorImages, ColorImageDepth, ColorImageResolution,
        among others. There are similar settings for grayscale
        and mono color. In general, you're going to want to make
        sure all the numbers are cranked up for highest resolution
        and depth. This is not a given, however, and so you should
        consult the online help.

        Regards,

        Scott