PDF Converter

  • Adrian Worsfold
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 18, 2002
      The request to convert from PDF to RTF is in effect the wrong way around, in
      that the PDF file has in a sense already been printed and is fixed. That is why
      they are used, so that they always appear the same. I understand the full
      Adobe Acrobat can convert to RTF, but I do not know. It is just as easy, really,
      to highlight the text and copy-paste to an RTF editor and reproduce the
      appearance window by window. Somewhere someone may have dreamt up a
      tool.

      Recently I found Jans Verhoeven's misnamed easy PDF which takes an .XML
      page and converts that into a PDF. Then there is HTMLDoc which does a good
      job of taking a web page and making it into a PDF (because the Ghostscript
      method leaves the appearance dreadful even though, of course, it prints very
      well). The settings are not from the web page but the HTMLDoc program. But,
      when it comes to the other way around...

      Adrian Worsfold

      http://www.pluralist.co.uk