Re: [NTO] email message rules

  • CB2
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 16, 2002
      --- Mike Hopkins <ironmike@...> wrote:

      > Can anyone tell me what file carries the message rules in Outlook express?
      >
      > I had to reformat my hard drive this week; I saved e-mail, favorites,
      > etc. but didn't get the message rules that I created to automatically
      > sort my incoming email.
      >
      > I'm using Windows 98, Outlook Express, v 6.

      I'm not sure about v6, but in v5, message rules for OE are stored in the
      registry. Assuming MS didn't change this in v6, unless you exported/backed
      up the relevant registry keys, your rules are in 'bit heaven'.

      FWIW, a great web site detailing how to completely back up OE (including
      rules, account info, etc.) is Tom Koch's "Inside Outlook Express":

      http://www.tomsterdam.com/insideoe5/

      HTH,
      Charles Beasley II
      Philosophy is Wetware Engineering