RE: [NTO] News NNTP server

  • Christopher J. & Jo-Ann J. Spilker
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4 3:53 PM
      Ray,

      The name of your News NNTP Server is provided by your
      Internet Service Provider. Call them and they will {should} help
      you. Sounds like the name somehow got deleted from your OE
      account settings.

      Regards,
      Christopher J. Spilker
      mailto:chris-jo-ann-spilker@...
    • Ray Shapp
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4 6:17 PM
        Hi Christopher,

        I guessed at the server name by concatenating the word "news" with the name of
        my ISP. In my case, that's news.erols.com It worked perfectly. It now
        shows over 40,000 newsgroups!

        Thanks for your help.

        Ray Shapp
        Watchung, NJ
      • Christopher J. & Jo-Ann J. Spilker
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4 8:11 PM
          Ray,

          Glad to be of help. Nice detective work on your part.

          Regards,
          Christopher J. Spilker
          mailto:chris-jo-ann-spilker@...