making pdfs

  • Adrian Worsfold
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2002
      I created an additional printer with postscript facilities to print to file naming the file
      made *.ps to use Ghostscript on. The result is always a pdf file which says:

      This job cannot print, because its header is not in the printer. Please return to the
      printer's dialog box, mark the header as not in the printer, and then print again.

      I cannot find a way to do this mark, and in any case logically isn't its instruction to do
      precisely what is reported wrong with it?

      As regards HTMLDoc, it produces pdfs directly but any formatting is lost and has to
      be entered by the program HTMLDoc in a limited way, and an internal stylesheet
      shows up though no other part of the header does. So it becomes important to redo a
      web page (copy it and dispose of it) to avoid these unwanted bits becoming fixed in
      the pdf. Nevertheless this does avoid the need for Ghostscript which is rather big and
      in need of a front end.

      Adrian Worsfold

      http://www.pluralist.co.uk