RE: [NTO] re-writable CDs

  • Marcus
    Message 1 of 25 , Mar 9, 2002
      On 09.03.02 at 12:40 Christopher J. & Jo-Ann J. Spilker wrote:
      >Also, I have used a 1999 edition of Veritas Backup Exec and it
      >would NOT recognize my IDE CD-RW nor my USB ZIP drive.

      That's an important issue. With CD software you need to check that it
      supports your drive. I had an "old" version of CDRWin from April 2001,
      but it could not know my new drive because it wasn't in production back
      then.

      Marcus
    • Jan Rosenstreich
      Message 2 of 25 , Mar 13, 2002
        On Fri, 8 Mar 2002 21:58:03 +0100, <subscribergsf@...> wrote:

        >>Your best bet is to find a backup program
        >>that supports CDRW drives. Many of them now support Tapes, CDRW, Zip
        >>disks, etc.
        >
        >Could you please recommend one?

        I use a program called Backup Executive. I don't recall the name of the
        company since it has changed twice since I originally purchased it.

        Jan
        --
        Jan Rosenstreich
        Independent Distributor #130-646