Registry Export/Import From DOS: Win XP Pro

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 20, 2002
      Hi All,

      This is probably a generic type question, but I'm in WinXP Pro
      FWIW.

      The short of it is, how do I install (Import) a registry file
      from DOS in XP Pro? My Exported registry is the following where
      XP is installed.

      F:\WINXP\bbb.reg

      The long of it, what I am trying to do and why...

      When I tried to reinstall IE6 last week, it created a very big
      mess along with me having to unplug a lot of hardware for the
      install and plugging it back in one at a time because of it
      hosing everything up and me needed to reformat and install XP Pro
      again. Anyway, after about a two hour install when I finally
      figured out the problems of what should have been 30-60 minutes
      according to Windows <g>, my IE image display it still messed up
      as you noticed in my other post. Because of that I could not
      read the screen to make a user account (which I found out later
      that was at the screen I was at. I just kept tying in some
      letters and then return. So, now I have 37+ registry entries
      with "bbbbbbb" as various folder names. I tried to go into the
      registry and rename them all to "jwa", but then Windows makes a
      number of backup system folders.000 (or bbbbbbb.sojourner) that
      cannot be deleted from Windows. It would be a long process to do
      them all from DOS. (I also tried to Export the registry, make my
      changes in NoteTab and then Import it, but that fails because of
      folders being in use.

      Thanks!
      Jody

      Clean-Funnies: click and send...