TreePad etc

  • Adrian Worsfold
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 14, 2002
      Someone was asking about TreePad. An alternative is something called Golden
      Section Notes which is Freeware of Russian origin and has rtf style formatting in the
      notes area. It is useful for making archives, really. Rather like if less than Note Tab it
      has a kind of circulation of people interested. There are a number of data files that
      become tree structures, like Beatles lyrics and jokes.

      Adrian Worsfold

      http://www.pluralist.co.uk
    • Rick Friedline
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 14, 2002
        At 07:28 PM 2/14/02, Adrian Worsfold wrote:

        >Someone was asking about TreePad. An alternative is something called
        >Golden
        >Section Notes which is Freeware of Russian origin and has rtf style
        >formatting in the
        >notes area. It is useful for making archives, really. Rather like if
        >less than Note Tab it
        >has a kind of circulation of people interested. There are a number of
        >data files that
        >become tree structures, like Beatles lyrics and jokes.

        Hi Adrian,

        I tried out TreePad, GSNotes, and KeyNote. KeyNote is my preference and
        is what I use everyday. It's unique in that you can have both a tree
        node structure and individual tabbed notes. the author is also
        super-responsive and is constantly updating the program based on user
        requests.

        You can find KeyNote here:
        http://www.lodz.pdi.net/~eristic/free/index.html
        and it is FREE!

        HTH

        Rick

      • LaurieK
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 14, 2002
          I've used Golden Section Notes... I like the graphical interface and the
          cool feature RTF and attaching graphics... However, when I saw the size of
          my data files, I decided it was not something I need to keep on hand.

          I was 'cataloging' different crochet afghan square patterns w/ pictures...
          for pete's sake... in NO TIME FLAT I was attempting to work with 25+ MB
          Files.... too slow and cumbersome....

          If you like Nesting or Tree Hierarchy type programs for storing notes....
          there is a wonderful program that I can't live without (yes there are a few
          more that I use over and above Note Tab Pro.... but don't tell anyone
          sssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh) :) That program is called VAULT by Personal
          MicrosCosms .. at... http://www.personalmicrocosms.com/

          They also have the Photo Program for storing graphics but I'm not a fan of
          that one.... my husband uses that all of the tim eto keep track of his eBay
          purchases...

          Anyway... 'nuff rambling.. hope I've helped someone....

          Laurie