Re: Store Dial up Passwords (was Reinstalling Windows)

  • hpaulissen
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 28, 2002
      Thank you all for your contributions, I explored some of the tracks
      that were offered, and finally got it working again.

      For your information...

      Problem with Dial UP Networking Password fixed

      I was away for a couple of days, and I just saw that I managed to
      get the save password box of my Dial Up connection to work again.

      What I did (among others) was to get rid of my old password (I
      experimented with Control Panels' Passwords and Control Panels'
      Users, but maybe you can delete your *.pwl-file as well, I'm not sure
      what I did last week, maybe both). When I restarted windows I left
      the password field blank a couple of times and canceled. This did not
      do the trick... What I *should* have done was leave the password
      field blank and then click *OK*, not Cancel. Only then apparently the
      password-list is generated anew; which makes it possible to store the
      Dial UP Networking Password for future sessions.

      Search Microsoft Support or Knowledge base for these items for more
      help.
      Dial-Up Networking Password Is Not Saved (Q148925)
      How to Disable and Delete User Profiles (Q156826)

      Hugo