Paint Shop Pro 7.4 - XP Pro

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 16, 2002
      Hi All,

      Is anybody running PSP 7.4 (Anniversary Edition) on XP Pro? If
      so, is the standard color palette working? I think you just
      double click on the skinny palette for the full one to open
      having the ring type palette on the right, custom on the left
      with hex and HTML color codes...

      Also, is the recent list working in PSP7.4? It appears I have
      the latest update as far as I can tell which is the way the CD
      came.

      If all that does not work on XP, I've had it with XP for sure
      now. Backing up to Win98SE. Too many of my favorite utilities
      and programs do not work (or only partially work) in XP Pro even
      when changing the compatibility to Win98/ME. I am hoping though,
      that I need to just do a new install and reinstall my apps that
      need to be reinstalled after XP writes over everything on a new
      install.

      Thanks!
      Jody

      Clean-Funnies: click and send...
      mailto:c-f@...?subject=Subscribe
    • toushoes
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 16, 2002
        Jody, No XP here, but I had to adjust Tweak UI to get the recent
        files to work...on my PSP 7.04 anniversary. In the IE tab of tweak UI
        (tick the box for add new docs to my docs on the Start Menu).

        There is a news group for PSP that is super helpful;

        comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro

        @ ]]) Wendy
        @ ]]) aka: Toushoes

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 16, 2002
          Hi Wendy,

          >Jody, No XP here, but I had to adjust Tweak UI to get the
          >recent files to work...on my PSP 7.04 anniversary. In the IE tab
          >of tweak UI (tick the box for add new docs to my docs on the
          >Start Menu).

          Thanks, that did the trick.

          >There is a news group for PSP that is super helpful;
          >
          >comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro

          Maybe, ... How do *you* open the color palette that I described?

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 16, 2002
            Jody, I don't have a clue on the palette --- I click on the forground
            or background color boxes and get the old standard windows custom setup.

            I think there is a place to select a different type palette display,
            but I was trialing PSP and Adobe Photoshop and Corel 10 for the past
            month so I am very confused right now...LOL sorry . . .

            @ ]]) Wendy
            @ ]]) aka: Toushoes

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 16, 2002
              Jody, Right click on one of the already picked colors then a small box
              with recent colors should come up . . . click on one of them to get the
              wheel and all that jazz......HTH Wendy

              @ ]]) Wendy
              @ ]]) aka: Toushoes
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 16, 2002
                Hi Wendy,

                >Jody, I don't have a clue on the palette --- I click on the
                >forground or background color boxes and get the old standard
                >windows custom setup.

                Shhh! (Don't tell anybody I forgot how to do that even using PSP
                3-4 times a week.;) Just drew a blank I guess.)

                >I think there is a place to select a different type palette display,

                Yes, it was not the palette itself, just the tool I couldn't find.

                >>Maybe, ... How do *you* open the color palette...

                > Right click on one of the already picked colors then a small
                > box with recent colors should come up . . . click on one of
                > them to get the wheel and all that jazz......HTH Wendy

                Yep, I remember it all very well once I saw it. I had one of
                those moments like when you forget how to spell a simple certain
                3-5 word. ...or acronyms like HTH. ;)

                Well, I guess I will hold on to XP for a bit longer - maybe...
                OH!, I do not have Find working at all in XP. I get to the dumb
                dialog that asks what you want to search for and check say files
                and folders, type in my criteria, choose a drive, click OK, and
                all I get is a searching in progress in the dialog and a error
                window like a yield sign and an exclamation mark. I've been
                using Rapid Search - thank God my AppBar still works. ;)

                Thanks Wendy!