RE: [NTB] NoteTab and Tidy

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2002
      Hi Greg,

      A most outstanding recovery from sticking foot in your mouth! :-)
      I thought the HTML list would like to have your reply Greg.

      >Earlier I said....
      >
      >> Hi Jody and others!
      >>
      >> > I think you need to do a reload on the web page, or fix my eye
      >> > sight. ;) It auto redirects to the sourceforge link below.
      >> > Once the tidy win32 downloads it just need to be renamed to
      >> > tidy.exe.
      >>
      >> You're quite right, of course! Disregard anything I've said
      >> recently on this topic!
      >>
      >> (Must be that the caches at the ISPs on this side of the
      >> Atlantic take longer to refresh - he says, trying to find some
      >> excuse! :-)

      Of course, blame it on the Americans. <bg>

      >I have now looked more thoroughly at the new site and have
      >discovered that the page I referred to as being at:
      >http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/
      >has moved to:
      >http://tidy.sourceforge.net/docs/Overview.html
      >
      >The link to this new URL for the page is at:
      >http://tidy.sourceforge.net/ (as modified 10 Jan 2002) at the
      >bottom left and reads:
      >
      >The original 04 Aug 00 Tidy documentation.
      >
      >Using the link I was still able to download the 140k file
      >"tidy.exe" in the way that I described in my earlier posts.
      >
      >If you have trouble using the link at the date at the end of the
      >line "Download the documentation last updated on 04 August,
      >2000", then it is probably because you don't have an archiver
      >which will handle "tidy_docs.tgz". There is an excellent
      >freeware product which will handle this file type and many other
      >archives favoured in the UNIX and other communities at:
      >http://www.powerarchiver.com

      Thanks again! Most compression utilities, at least the more
      popular ones, support TGZ files. There are some really nice
      freeware ones like Greg mentioned and WinZip also supports the
      file type.

      http://www.winzip.com
      http://www.katho.be/freeware/Zip_Utilities.htm
      http://thefreesite.com/Free_Software/Unzipping_compression_freeware/index.htmle

      >tidy_docs.tgz contains the "Overview.html" and other files from
      >Dave Raggett's original site.
      >
      >Hope that clears it all up!

      c ya,
      Jody