Re: [NTO] Mailto links

    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 11, 2002
      Hi Dennis and Eric,

      Eric, perhaps you can fix this in v5. I think if you have
      NoteTab try to send mailto first and then MAPI it will fix the
      problem, or make it so MAPI can handle ?subject=, &body=, etc.

      >Windows98SE Pegasus Mail is 4.01a beta3.

      I made PMail 4.01 win32 November 5, 2001 and all is well. Maybe
      you need to get with PMail? Perhaps you have an older version of
      PMail that is used as the default mailer still, so it appears to
      you that you have PMail as the default (which may be true), but
      the wrong location? It is understandable that NoteTab freezes if
      that is the case.

      FWIW, I had said that I think NoteTab tries MAPI first and then
      mailto. I believe that is correct for sure now. Eudora is my
      MAPI and PMail as my default mailer in this test. I first got my
      typical cannot send MAPI mail, because more than one copy is
      running. ;) After that though, the message with correct subject
      was picked up by PMail which would have been the mailto being
      used.

      >Tools | Quick Links checked. Pasta in this:\
      >mailto:sqd@...?Subject=test
      >NTP freezes.
      >
      >Tools | Quick links unchecked. Paste in this:
      >mailto:sqd@...?Subject=test
      >Ctrl key + double click. NTP freezes.

      Happy Test'n,
      Jody Adair