Re: [NTO] Win2000 "Lock-Out"

  • Jim Hall
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6, 2000
      Jody,

      From: "Jody" <KJB1611@...>

      > Hi All,
      >
      > I have a friend in town here that put w2000 on his machine. He
      > never could get the ting to quit asking for a password, but...

      This may not be a real Win2000 problem but rather a motherboard
      situation.

      If he has an Intel Motherboard (& possibly others), he needs to move the
      password jumper on the motherboard, boot up, clear the password in his
      BIOS, then replace the password jumper to it's normal position.

      Sounds wierd but I have had it do this on an Intel motherboard for no
      known reason.

      Good Luck,

      Jim
      Message 2 of 3 , May 6, 2000
        Hi Jim Hall,

        >This may not be a real Win2000 problem but rather a motherboard
        >situation.
        >
        >If he has an Intel Motherboard (& possibly others), he needs to move the
        >password jumper on the motherboard, boot up, clear the password in his
        >BIOS, then replace the password jumper to it's normal position.

        Thanks - I'll have him look into that.

        Bye for now,
        Jody Adair
        Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23