Re: [NTO] Re: Network card?

  • Marcus
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 14, 2001
      On 14.12.01 at 00:11 Mon_Iker wrote:
      >The other possibility would be for me to share peripherals with my
      >son's (17 years old) computer. Then again, I'm not sure *if* I want
      >to do that?! <lol>

      Your son's 17, not the computer, right?

      It seems you can have stereo components like amps and of course record
      players that old, but a computer?
      I wonder whether things will ever slow down that much with computer
      development?

      Marcus
    • Ben Barnet
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 14, 2001
        Marcus wrote:

        > It seems you can have stereo components like amps and of course record
        > players that old, but a computer?

        I submit that audio technology has come a long way also. I mean, what's
        a "record player"?

        Ben
      • Bill Scott
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 2, 2002
          Hi All:
          Does anyone know the equivilent of msconfig for windows 2000
          professional ??

          Bill Scott
        • Ben Barnet
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 2, 2002
            Bill Scott wrote:

            > Does anyone know the equivilent of msconfig for windows 2000
            > professional ??

            Hi Bill,

            Win2K does not include such a utility but it's back in XP.
            The good news is that the file from XP works in 2K.

            HTH
            Ben
          • Jim Hall
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 2, 2002
              Ben and Bill,

              At 08:55 AM 1/2/02 -0800, you wrote:
              >Bill Scott wrote:
              >
              > > Does anyone know the equivilent of msconfig for windows 2000
              > > professional ??
              >
              >Hi Bill,
              >
              >Win2K does not include such a utility but it's back in XP.
              >The good news is that the file from XP works in 2K.

              FWIW

              So does the one from Win98.

              Regards,

              Jim
            • Bill Scott
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 2, 2002
                Could you attach a copy of that file and return it to
                mailto:bscott@... ??

                Thanks Ben