Re: [NTO] Re: Network card?

    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 14, 2001
      Hi Raenie,

      Thanks for the extra info. The rest is basically off-topic off-
      topic, so delete if you are not interested. ;->

      >Why must you always be so *logical* <grin>. Reading information
      >on a subject should be the first thing one does, shouldn't it? :-)

      Why, I don't hardly ever read stuff. I normally click till
      something works. <g> 99.9% of the time though I do at least try
      to search help before asking, but that takes the fun out it. ;)

      As for the "logical" part, that has just come through wisdom over
      the years. You see, when I was a teenager, I knew it all and
      nobody could tell me anything. In my early 20s I seem to have
      forgot a lot of my knowledge though,because things weren't as I
      once believed. It took another 25 years to unlearn things just
      to gain a tad bit of knowledge. I'm now somewhere in my mid
      forties and realize that "man at his very best state is
      altogether vanity." ;)

      >I had also found one of my own messages at NTO where I
      >recommended a home network to someone as a solution to their file
      >sharing problem about a year ago. <lol> Well, I must have been
      >reading something about it back then. So I started looking
      >through my old computer magazines and found an article in a Smart
      >Computing mag. about networking. I went to their site and found
      >the following information;
      >
      >http://www.smartcomputing.com/editorial/category.asp?otid=0&guid=sm514
      >6j0&searchqa=1&catid=14&wordlist=&searchtype=0
      >
      >thought that I'd post it here in case anyone else is interested
      >in the subject.

    • Marcus
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 14, 2001
        On 14.12.01 at 00:11 Mon_Iker wrote:
        >The other possibility would be for me to share peripherals with my
        >son's (17 years old) computer. Then again, I'm not sure *if* I want
        >to do that?! <lol>

        Your son's 17, not the computer, right?

        It seems you can have stereo components like amps and of course record
        players that old, but a computer?
        I wonder whether things will ever slow down that much with computer
        development?

        Marcus
      • Ben Barnet
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 14, 2001
          Marcus wrote:

          > It seems you can have stereo components like amps and of course record
          > players that old, but a computer?

          I submit that audio technology has come a long way also. I mean, what's
          a "record player"?

          Ben
        • Bill Scott
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 2, 2002
            Hi All:
            Does anyone know the equivilent of msconfig for windows 2000
            professional ??

            Bill Scott
          • Ben Barnet
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 2, 2002
              Bill Scott wrote:

              > Does anyone know the equivilent of msconfig for windows 2000
              > professional ??

              Hi Bill,

              Win2K does not include such a utility but it's back in XP.
              The good news is that the file from XP works in 2K.

              HTH
              Ben
            • Jim Hall
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 2, 2002
                Ben and Bill,

                At 08:55 AM 1/2/02 -0800, you wrote:
                >Bill Scott wrote:
                >
                > > Does anyone know the equivilent of msconfig for windows 2000
                > > professional ??
                >
                >Hi Bill,
                >
                >Win2K does not include such a utility but it's back in XP.
                >The good news is that the file from XP works in 2K.

                FWIW

                So does the one from Win98.

                Regards,

                Jim
              • Bill Scott
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 2, 2002
                  Could you attach a copy of that file and return it to
                  mailto:bscott@... ??

                  Thanks Ben