Re: [NTO] email aliasses ?

  • Larry Hamilton
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 13, 2001
      Bill,

      The problem is that if an emailer finds any email server that is not
      configured to prevent it, they can make it appear as if they sent it from
      your domain.

      Your ISP may have their email servers configured properly, but there are
      plenty out there that are not.

      This is how the worst of the spammers keep their junk mail moving.

      The only real thing you can do is if you can set nonsense email addresses to
      go to a special account to receive all the junk, then you can just set that
      account to check email and delete anything it gets. Or you could scan the
      messages in case there is something worth keeping.

      Also, you may be able to learn more about the senders if you preserve the
      full email headers. This may give you a clue as to who is originating it.
      MailBag has some features that should simplify this.

      I have never had to deal with this, this is just what I have picked up in my
      random readings of net related topics.

      HTH,

      Larry Hamilton