Re: [NTO] XP Pro Annoyances

    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 6, 2001
      Hi Marcus,

      Opera 5 runs like a champ so far showing my images just fine.

      > > Oh, the DUN connected pop up is annoying having to click it
      > > closed all the time...
      >
      >There are some utilities which close pop-ups. Some were created
      >for the original W95 DUN pop-up. I've not used one myself, only
      >read about them a few years ago. I find it hard to believe that
      >after taming those pop-ups in W98 (right?), or via a service
      >pack, they have it back on XP.

      I never saw anything in 98 that nagged me except for file
      deletion and stupid warnings about formatting C:\ drive may cause
      problems. ;) I've used NetLaunch for maybe 4 years and always
      had everything hid except for the idiot lights in the tray. I
      cannot get it to run on XP though. It is a real pain living w/o
      it; I've grown to be dependent on it.

      >No such thing on NT, except a bubble-help type notification over
      >the tray. That does grab the focus though for a second, and I'd
      >like to switch that off. It will cause the start menu to close
      >while you are selecting an item.

      That is the culprit I'm talking about. I could live with a
      second, but it seems like 30 secs although I never timed it.

      >Isn't there a book entitled Windows Annoyances?

      I'll have to go to/find the Win95/98/2000, etc. Annoyances page
      and see if they have something out yet.

    • hpaulissen
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 7, 2001
        Jody,

        I'm not sure but do you mean Annoyances.org?

        They mention two programs to bypass the connect-to popup...

        Hugo

        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 7, 2001
          Hi Hugo,

          >I'm not sure but do you mean Annoyances.org?
          >
          >They mention two programs to bypass the connect-to popup...

          Yep, that's the place so I just need to study their new layout.
          (I searched my mail archives and the link is the same. ;) There
          is a forum I might search though also when I get the time. It
          has always puzzled me why MS does not have some type of utility
          like Tweak ui and just let us check away to get rid of all their
          little "you must do it this way" stuff.

          http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp

          > > I'll have to go to/find the Win95/98/2000, etc. Annoyances page
          > > and see if they have something out yet.

          Thanks!
          Jody

          Clean-Funnies: click and send...