Re: [NTB] Re: Can't get NoteTab Directions

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 6, 2001
      Hi Dwight,

      You should be able to do the following to get it working. Please
      post back to the Off-Topic list if you need to post to a list. See
      my sigline.

      > > If you get a window saying that the file type is not associated
      > > (can't find program) then browse till you get to
      > > C:\WINDOWS\winhelp.exe double click on it, and then click on OK.
      >
      >You lost me here. Where do I get a window (as stated above)?

      Double click on any .hlp file. If there is no association or a
      messed up one, you should get a window pop up saying that Windows
      needs to know what program you want to open the HLP file because
      Windows does not know what program to use to open it. If the
      window pops up, add C:\WINDOWS\WinHlp32.exe (or winhelp.exe it
      appears) to the first field or use the Add button to browse to
      it. You should now see the path in the first window. Check the
      box to always use that program and then OK.

      If the window does not pop up, go to Windows Explorer | View |
      File Types | and scroll till you see Help File and click on it.
      Click on Edit, then Open, then Edit, and Browse to
      C:\WINDOWS\winhlp32.exe. Make sure DDE is not checked. Click on
      OK, Apply, Close. Try any .hlp file and it should work, then try
      it in NoteTab.

      If it does not work at that point, go back to Folder Options and
      Remove the Help File setting. Tell Windows to get lost when it
      barks at you. OK, Apply, etc. out and click on a .hlp file. You
      will be asked at that time to choose a program to open the file
      type with. Go back to the top of this now and follow it on out.