Re: [NTO] .DOC to .PDF

  • Carl Swann
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 6, 2001
      --- Ray Shapp <rayshapp@...> wrote:
      > To All,
      >
      > My Question:
      >
      > Is there any freeware to convert from MS Word doc
      > files to pdf format?

      Hi Ray... I use PDF Factory, the trial version
      (unlimited time use); it creates perfect PDFs of any
      document, regardless of the program that made it
      (Word, etc). The only drawback, if it matters, is that
      each page created with the trial version has a product
      tag line at the bottom "PDF created with ...[ name of
      the product and its home page URL]".

      If that's not a problem for your purposes, this is a
      great utility.

      You can see an example of such a tagged page at my
      church's website where I converted the newsletter to
      PDF using this utility:
      http://www.saint-pauls.org/200112Newsletter.pdf

      Not one negative comment from the congregation, and
      many compliments on the quality of the repro...

      Hope this helps... Carl

      http://greetings.yahoo.com
    • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 6, 2001
        I use HTMLDoc 1.8.11 to generate a .PDF file which does a rough job but better than nothing. It
        is free.

        Adrian Worsfold

        http://www.pluralist.co.uk
      • Bruce Wright
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 6, 2001
          Hi All,

          To create FREE PDFs (without a tag lines as Carl described) I use
          Ghostscript together with GSview (GSview is the user friendly "front end" to
          Ghostscript).

          Once you've installed Ghostscript/GSview there are two steps to create a
          PDF. First, create a postscript file. Second, convert the postscript file to
          a PDF using Ghostscript/GSview.

          I've put together a small PDF (30k) that explains the process. If you'd like
          a copy then reply to my private e-mail address (wright.b@...) and
          I'll pass it on.

          Cheers
          Bruce

          Brian G. mentioned Gymnast for converting text files to pdf format on the
          HTML
          forum.

          My Question:

          Is there any freeware to convert from MS Word doc files to pdf format?

          Thanks for the info,

          Ray Shapp
          Watchung, NJ

          confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient,
          please delete it and notify the sender. Views expressed in this
          message are those of the individual sender, and are not
          necessarily the views of the Department of Local Government,
          unless otherwise stated.

          For the purposes of the Copyright Act, the permission of the
          holder of copyright in this communication may be taken to have
          been granted, unless stated otherwise, for the copying or
          forwarding of this message, as long as both the content of this
          communication and the purposes for which it is copied or
          forwarded are work-related.