RE: [NTO] IE page problems

  • Rick Friedline
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 4, 2001
      At 06:33 AM 12/4/01, Marcus wrote:

      >On 03.12.01 at 19:04 Christopher J. & Jo-Ann J. Spilker wrote:
      > > I clicked on nearly every link at this site and it all
      > >worked (NO request to re-log in)...
      >
      >Thanks Christopher, and Jim for trying that. I guess it must be IE
      >5.5.
      >I've had erratic behaviour from it regarding cookies. Note, I can
      >currently use other sites which use cookies. It will for example start
      >working on a site without me having changed the settings. I guess I'll
      >get IE 6 and keep the setup files and reinstall if it starts acting
      >weird again.
      >
      >Marcus

      Using IE 5.5 here and had no problems at all ... I think your problem
      lies elsewhere.

      Rick

    • Scott Fordin
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 4, 2001
        Remember that IE6 does not support Java -- well, you have to
        get and install your own Java, and even then the support is
        by all accounts poor. Nor does IE6 support Netscape-style
        plugins or QuickTime. I'm not sure about JavaScript.

        In one fell swoop, Microsoft has broken literally millions
        of Web pages because they want you to use their technology
        only. Another benefit a monopoly provides to consumers...

        The fact that you're able to open the page in question in
        IE5.5 but not IE6 seems to indicate that the problem is one
        of the "enhancements" in IE6.

        Scott