XP Pro, IE6, Web Page Images

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 4, 2001
      Hi All,

      Does XP and or IE6 have a problem displaying some images? I
      cannot find a pattern as far as file type goes; sometimes they
      display fine and other times it look like a corrupt image file.
      I can view the "corrupt" file in an image viewer with no problems
      so it appears these files are good.

      I'm still migrating to my new machine so I do not have all my
      browsers loaded; just NetCaptor and IE6 - the IE6 that comes with
      the install CD for XP Pro. Is there any such animal to use a
      specific program perhaps (image viewer) like NetScape and Opera
      have, perhaps? No can find.

    • Lotta
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4, 2001
        Morning Jody,

        >Does XP and or IE6 have a problem displaying some images? I
        >cannot find a pattern as far as file type goes; sometimes they
        >display fine and other times it look like a corrupt image file.

        Don't have IE6, but I've heard of this a lot. It's a feature (well). IE6
        can resize images. I've forgot for what reason. Anyway, it can be turned
        of. In Options somewhere.
        Wasn't this helpful? :)

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 4, 2001
          Hi Lotta,

          >Morning Jody,

          Good evening/night. ;)

          > > Does XP and or IE6 have a problem displaying some images? I
          > > cannot find a pattern as far as file type goes; sometimes they
          > > display fine and other times it look like a corrupt image file.
          >
          >Don't have IE6, but I've heard of this a lot. It's a feature
          >(well). IE6 can resize images. I've forgot for what reason.
          >Anyway, it can be turned of. In Options somewhere. Wasn't this
          >helpful? :)

          Yes, it was and I had high hopes. However, I already had the
          resizing unchecked. What it is suppose to do is size down the
          images that do not fit in the users window size. My icon sizes
          are correctly done. It appears as if there are only 16 or less
          colors used.

          Thanks!
          Jody

          Clean-Funnies: click and send...