Re: [NTO] When to go off-topic

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2001
      Hi Alec,

      I normally copy the person who needs help sending the post to the
      OffTopic or NextRelease list.

      > Is the rule of thumb to put a line in the last message sent to
      > the main list requesting responses, if any, on the off-topic
      > list? Regards ... Alec

      Personally, I do what I said above... but at times I do it the
      way you stated above. It sort of depends on the post sent in.
      It may require a Clip, so to the Clips list... etc., and so on...

      The "problem" arises when a half dozen people start answering the
      original post. The main thing I try to do (and others - thanks)
      is steer the message to the most appropriate list.