RE: [NTO] IE page problems

  • Christopher J. & Jo-Ann J. Spilker
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 3, 2001
      Marcus,

      With respect to what you wrote:

      "Could anybody running IE try out the following site please. I
      get past
      the logon page, but if I click on any of the links to the left,
      eg.
      "Bugs", it tells me I'm not logged in. I have cookies enabled, so
      can't figure it out. Opera and Netscape 4.7 work fine.

      http://www.agstools.com/cgi-bin/bt-en/bt.pl"

      I clicked on nearly every link at this site and it all
      worked (NO request to re-log in), sorry it did not for you. I
      did this at 19:00 hrs. today, EST (USA). I am using Internet
      Explorer 6.0 with Windows 98SE, 512 MB RAM, Dial-Up ISP access on
      56K Controller-based modem.

      Hope this helps you.

      Regards,
      Christopher J. Spilker
      mailto:chris-jo-ann-spilker@...
    • Jim Hall
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 3, 2001
        Marcus,

        At 12:31 AM 12/4/01 +0100, you wrote:

        >Could anybody running IE try out the following site please. I get past
        >the logon page, but if I click on any of the links to the left, eg.
        >"Bugs", it tells me I'm not logged in. I have cookies enabled, so I
        >can't figure it out. Opera and Netscape 4.7 work fine.
        >
        >http://www.agstools.com/cgi-bin/bt-en/bt.pl

        It works as advertised on IE5.5 - Win98SE

        and IE 5.0 on Win2K

        Regards,

        Jim
      • Marcus
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 4, 2001
          On 03.12.01 at 19:04 Christopher J. & Jo-Ann J. Spilker wrote:
          > I clicked on nearly every link at this site and it all
          >worked (NO request to re-log in)...

          Thanks Christopher, and Jim for trying that. I guess it must be IE 5.5.
          I've had erratic behaviour from it regarding cookies. Note, I can
          currently use other sites which use cookies. It will for example start
          working on a site without me having changed the settings. I guess I'll
          get IE 6 and keep the setup files and reinstall if it starts acting
          weird again.

          Marcus
        • Rick Friedline
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 4, 2001
            At 06:33 AM 12/4/01, Marcus wrote:

            >On 03.12.01 at 19:04 Christopher J. & Jo-Ann J. Spilker wrote:
            > > I clicked on nearly every link at this site and it all
            > >worked (NO request to re-log in)...
            >
            >Thanks Christopher, and Jim for trying that. I guess it must be IE
            >5.5.
            >I've had erratic behaviour from it regarding cookies. Note, I can
            >currently use other sites which use cookies. It will for example start
            >working on a site without me having changed the settings. I guess I'll
            >get IE 6 and keep the setup files and reinstall if it starts acting
            >weird again.
            >
            >Marcus

            Using IE 5.5 here and had no problems at all ... I think your problem
            lies elsewhere.

            Rick

          • Scott Fordin
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 4, 2001
              Remember that IE6 does not support Java -- well, you have to
              get and install your own Java, and even then the support is
              by all accounts poor. Nor does IE6 support Netscape-style
              plugins or QuickTime. I'm not sure about JavaScript.

              In one fell swoop, Microsoft has broken literally millions
              of Web pages because they want you to use their technology
              only. Another benefit a monopoly provides to consumers...

              The fact that you're able to open the page in question in
              IE5.5 but not IE6 seems to indicate that the problem is one
              of the "enhancements" in IE6.

              Scott