When to go off-topic: was-Re: Re[2]: [NTB] NoteTabPro pops up ....

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2001
      Jody:
      > >Jody: This should be in Off-topic, but when responding "outside
      > >the bounds" to something that started in [NTB] I'm not sure if
      > >the originator gets the off-topic list. what - to - do, what - to
      > >- do ? ?
      >
      > When in doubt or if the problem is isolated to a specific computer,
      > yes, please post one the OffTopic list. ;)

      I notice your response to what was clearly, by now, OFF-TOPIC; came through
      on the standard list ;--). My question was (assuming the original questioner
      is only a member of the main list) how is he/she going to find out about the
      (hopefully useful) continuation of the discussion on the other list.

      Is the rule of thumb to put a line in the last message sent to the main list
      requesting responses, if any, on the off-topic list?
      Regards ... Alec