Replace in PNG-files (?)

  • Hugo
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 13, 2001
      Hello,

      I was working on a website and had to change the place of some
      links...

      I used Search Disk for this (in a small folder; *.*). There was
      one .png-image in that folder. When I wanted to see the result the
      texts were ok, but neither my browser nor my imageviewer could open
      this .png-file anymore.

      First I tried to load it again in my HTML-page..., but when I saw
      WIDTH="1387771649" HEIGHT="-692603135" I realised there was something
      wrong with the picture itself.

      Out of curiosity I opened it in NoteTab and then I saw that this file
      contained quite some <A HREF etc>-tags (?). They must have been come
      in by this Search Disk replace command; note that I only was
      searching for readable html-code to be replaced. How can something
      like "ÎT·®­Vkooÿúõk`Xyâ..." be replaced?

      Hugo
    • Hugo
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 13, 2001
        Sorry, I have been cheating... just found the cause...

        I opened my (backup) of the image and then I realized that it
        contained some ***-strings that I used as a temporary placeholder for
        my replacements. Learned something new today!

        Hugo