Re: [NTO] Yahoo-group URL's at bottom?

  • alice ttlg
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 11, 2001
      > Yes, I knew it was a feature added perhaps a year ago to strip
      > footer and replace with another. I delete them myself though -
      > habit. I get my messages text only, so...

      me too, on both deleting and text only but it's helpful for those members who
      forget or who don't get text only.

      > Are you saying that the ads will be stripped and not come back?

      No, not stripped and never come back. What Yahoo does is they send each email
      thru their advert server, it looks for old adverts on replies and removes them
      and then it attachs a new advert. This way, messages don't get huge, with
      tons of quoted text adverts. The Yahoo ad server identifies the text adverts
      by these funny lines around them (I've added spaces so they won't get
      stripped):

      ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------- ~ - - >
      --------------------------------------------------------------------- ~ - >

      > I do not understand the purpose of the 600 CR/LF???

      sorry I didn't make it clearer, between the two funny lines (again I've added
      spaces so it won't get stripped):

      --------------------------------------------- ~ - - >
      you can put up to 600 characters including spaces in between these two lines
      and Yahoo will strip it before putting in a new advert and footer
      --------------------------------------------------------------------- ~ - >

      If you put more than 600 characters between the two lines, then Yahoo won't
      strip it.

      alice ttlg

      http://lookinglass.populli.net/
      All the men in my life keep disappearing to voices in the night... -- Billy's
      Hollywood Screen Kiss
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 11, 2001
        Hi Alice,

        Thanks, I was hoping you were going to say they would not come
        again. I knew they were stripped. Sometimes it does fail like
        you said though.