Re: [NTO] NoteTab with WINE in Linux

  • P. H. Lundbech
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 6, 2001
      On Sat, 3 Nov 2001 19:52:17 -0800, stephen riddle
      <stephen@...> wrote:

      >My question is whether or not there are other
      >experiences out there with Linux and NoteTab and a late
      >update on it being ported to Linux.

      I did use Linux for some time (until having to return to Win98 for
      hardware reasons) and the two programs I took with me from Windows
      were NoteTab and Forte Agent. Initially I had some problems, but Wine
      is frequently updated and eventually Forte Agent worked without any
      problems at all. NoteTab did too, except for a few minor problems. One
      was the toolbar icons having strange colors. That's almost a year ago
      now, so with further improvements made to WINE I shouldn't think there
      would be any problems.

      WINE is not all that difficult to configure (and I am certainly *no*
      expert ;-) - but it can take some time getting used to the way things
      work in Linux (or unix).

      >(Oh and any wisdom you can shoot me as I muddle around
      >with cofig files and on-line documentations.)

      Sorry, would like to help, but it's been some time since I used it
      myself - don't remember much and all config files are gone.

      --
      P. H. Lundbech
      Odense, Danmark