Re: [NTO] Win2000 "Lock-Out"

    Message 1 of 3 , May 6, 2000
      Hi All,

      So, what do you think?

      Take his Dad's drive out from his 'puter (while he is sleeping)
      and hook it up to his as master and his w2000 drive as slave (or
      just another drive). Boot up on his Dad's and reformat his w2000
      from floppy or his Dad's whoever he can get to it. Sounds
      feasible. (As long as he can get it done and his Dad's 'puter put
      back together before he wakes up, else he might be having worse
      problems than be locked out of his own 'puter.)

      > OK, so here's the problem. He did not set himself up as and
      > Administrator (this is a w2000 Pro machine, not NT).
      >
      >He has tried:
      >
      > F8 on boot up
      > Changed CMOS to only use A drive
      > Put in DOS 6.22 setup disk

      mailto:ntb-OffTopic@egroups.com-Subscribe@...
    • Jim Hall
      Message 2 of 3 , May 6, 2000
        Jody,

        From: "Jody" <KJB1611@...>

        > Hi All,
        >
        > I have a friend in town here that put w2000 on his machine. He
        > never could get the ting to quit asking for a password, but...

        This may not be a real Win2000 problem but rather a motherboard
        situation.

        If he has an Intel Motherboard (& possibly others), he needs to move the
        password jumper on the motherboard, boot up, clear the password in his
        BIOS, then replace the password jumper to it's normal position.

        Sounds wierd but I have had it do this on an Intel motherboard for no
        known reason.

        Good Luck,

        Jim
        Message 3 of 3 , May 6, 2000
          Hi Jim Hall,

          >This may not be a real Win2000 problem but rather a motherboard
          >situation.
          >
          >If he has an Intel Motherboard (& possibly others), he needs to move the
          >password jumper on the motherboard, boot up, clear the password in his
          >BIOS, then replace the password jumper to it's normal position.

          Thanks - I'll have him look into that.

          Bye for now,
          Jody Adair
          Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23