NoteTab with WINE in Linux

  • stephen riddle
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 3, 2001
      Hi all,
      I, o a month or so ago, maybe more, so much has
      happened I can't remember, installed Linux on my new
      hard drive, and am tackling the learning curve
      associated with being your own system administrator and
      not knowing the system. That's ok, fun and that kind
      of thing.
      However it is not enough for me that I can happily kiss
      Microsoft goodby, I want to keep NoteTab too. (After
      all Lotta can't keep it all to herself.) I'm having
      some small success in using an emulator called Wine,
      but am not 'there' yet. I know Marco Bernardini is
      doing fine in Linux with NoteTab.
      I believe his post says to use KDE and go to network
      neighborhood and find winbox (which is not exactly what
      I've been trying to do.)
      My question is whether or not there are other
      experiences out there with Linux and NoteTab and a late
      update on it being ported to Linux.
      (Oh and any wisdom you can shoot me as I muddle around
      with cofig files and on-line documentations.)
      Thanks, Stephen
    • P. H. Lundbech
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 6, 2001
        On Sat, 3 Nov 2001 19:52:17 -0800, stephen riddle
        <stephen@...> wrote:

        >My question is whether or not there are other
        >experiences out there with Linux and NoteTab and a late
        >update on it being ported to Linux.

        I did use Linux for some time (until having to return to Win98 for
        hardware reasons) and the two programs I took with me from Windows
        were NoteTab and Forte Agent. Initially I had some problems, but Wine
        is frequently updated and eventually Forte Agent worked without any
        problems at all. NoteTab did too, except for a few minor problems. One
        was the toolbar icons having strange colors. That's almost a year ago
        now, so with further improvements made to WINE I shouldn't think there
        would be any problems.

        WINE is not all that difficult to configure (and I am certainly *no*
        expert ;-) - but it can take some time getting used to the way things
        work in Linux (or unix).

        >(Oh and any wisdom you can shoot me as I muddle around
        >with cofig files and on-line documentations.)

        Sorry, would like to help, but it's been some time since I used it
        myself - don't remember much and all config files are gone.

        --
        P. H. Lundbech
        Odense, Danmark