Re: [NTO] msn.com WAS: Want XP?

  • Lloyd
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 30, 2001
      If it were me, I think I would use a different SOAP box. The vulgar
      language didn't get washed out.

      Lloyd
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      >I'm off the soap box now.
      >
      >It's your turn.BIG TOOTH.jpg
    • Jim Hall
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 30, 2001
        My apologies to the list.

        This post was supposed to be forwarded to a private party but
        unintentionally made it's way to the list.
        Those who know me, know that even though it isn't always easy, I try to
        observe the rules of etiquette on these lists and I did send a post to Jody
        asking him to delete this post before it got transmitted to the list.

        Apparently he didn't get my post in time.

        Again my apologies to those who found my expletives or comments offensive.

        Regards,

        Jim

        At 08:05 AM 10/30/01 -0600, you wrote:
        >If it were me, I think I would use a different SOAP box. The vulgar
        >language didn't get washed out.

      • Christopher J. & Jo-Ann J. Spilker
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 30, 2001
          To all,

          I, I suspect like many others, appreciated the commentary by J.E. Hall.
          His infrequent choice of harsh (i.e., "vulgar" to others) language was very
          surprising for him to use, however, it is MUCH MORE probably due to his
          level of frustration with Microsoft than anything else.

          J.E. Hall seems to be a very knowledgeable, extremely considerate person to
          this list. I hope there are not many offended by his "candid" use of
          language.

          Consider the volume of his content in his commentary versus explicit
          language. Yes, a professional could do better, however, there are just
          those times where it seems nothing "says it better."

          My hat is off the J.E. Hall and I was not offended by his commentary. I
          looked forward to reading it and was enlightened by its content and
          frankness.

          Thank you.

          Regards,
          Christopher J. Spilker
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 30, 2001
            Hi Jim,

            >My apologies to the list.

            No problem. I do not think there is a saint amongst us, even
            though some, including you, try.

            >I try to observe the rules of etiquette on these lists and I did
            >send a post to Jody asking him to delete this post before it got
            >transmitted to the list.
            >
            >Apparently he didn't get my post in time.

            I move fast with this mouse, but not that fast. ;) Under normal
            conditions, they go out quick and I do not think they are written
            to the archives until after they go out, so...

            In Jesus' Love,
            Bro. Jody Adair
            Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

            Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves:
            be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
            Matthew 10:16

            (o o)
            oOOo-(_)-oOOo

            http://www.purewords.org/kjb1611
          • stephen riddle
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 3, 2001
              Hi all,
              I, o a month or so ago, maybe more, so much has
              happened I can't remember, installed Linux on my new
              hard drive, and am tackling the learning curve
              associated with being your own system administrator and
              not knowing the system. That's ok, fun and that kind
              of thing.
              However it is not enough for me that I can happily kiss
              Microsoft goodby, I want to keep NoteTab too. (After
              all Lotta can't keep it all to herself.) I'm having
              some small success in using an emulator called Wine,
              but am not 'there' yet. I know Marco Bernardini is
              doing fine in Linux with NoteTab.
              I believe his post says to use KDE and go to network
              neighborhood and find winbox (which is not exactly what
              I've been trying to do.)
              My question is whether or not there are other
              experiences out there with Linux and NoteTab and a late
              update on it being ported to Linux.
              (Oh and any wisdom you can shoot me as I muddle around
              with cofig files and on-line documentations.)
              Thanks, Stephen
            • P. H. Lundbech
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 6, 2001
                On Sat, 3 Nov 2001 19:52:17 -0800, stephen riddle
                <stephen@...> wrote:

                >My question is whether or not there are other
                >experiences out there with Linux and NoteTab and a late
                >update on it being ported to Linux.

                I did use Linux for some time (until having to return to Win98 for
                hardware reasons) and the two programs I took with me from Windows
                were NoteTab and Forte Agent. Initially I had some problems, but Wine
                is frequently updated and eventually Forte Agent worked without any
                problems at all. NoteTab did too, except for a few minor problems. One
                was the toolbar icons having strange colors. That's almost a year ago
                now, so with further improvements made to WINE I shouldn't think there
                would be any problems.

                WINE is not all that difficult to configure (and I am certainly *no*
                expert ;-) - but it can take some time getting used to the way things
                work in Linux (or unix).

                >(Oh and any wisdom you can shoot me as I muddle around
                >with cofig files and on-line documentations.)

                Sorry, would like to help, but it's been some time since I used it
                myself - don't remember much and all config files are gone.

                --
                P. H. Lundbech
                Odense, Danmark