Product Activation was Re: [NTO] Want XP?

  • Larry Hamilton
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 27, 2001
      There is no product activation if you have an OEM version of WinXP.

      I unfortunatley verified this when I had to reinstall it, after my first
      attempt to install Linux on another partition took out the first partition.
      (I even bought the latest Partition Magic beforehand to avoid that!)

      I have been wanting to look at Linux for years, but did not have a PC with
      enough room to run it. I can now confirm that WinXP Home and RedHat Linux
      7.2 can coexist (if you install it right!)

      I only have two problems with Linux. It does not see my internal modem (I
      knew this would be an issue). Even if I had a compatible modem, I doubt I
      could use Linux to access my free year of MSN that came with the new PC.

      Larry Hamilton