Win2000 "Lock-Out"

    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2000
      Hi All,

      I have a friend in town here that put w2000 on his machine. He
      never could get the ting to quit asking for a password, but...

      One day...

      He was out of the room and one of the kids turned on the computer
      and walked away. The smaller kid got up at the computer and
      started playing the keyboard like rug rats will do... yep, you
      guessed it... he managed to put a password in and hit enter.

      OK, so here's the problem. He did not set himself up as and
      Administrator (this is a w2000 Pro machine, not NT).

      He has tried:

      F8 on boot up
      Changed CMOS to only use A drive
      Put in DOS 6.22 setup disk

      No matter what he has tried, w2000 comes up and asks for a
      password. He cannot reformat the drive which was the purpose
      of him trying the 6.22 disk.

      Does anybody know how he can get into his computer. He was
      thinking of unplugging the hard drive and plugging it back in
      after booting up on the floppy, but I told him he stood a chance
      of burning it up that way.

      mailto:ntb-OffTopic@egroups.com-Subscribe@...