Re: [NTO] Attn: Carpel tunnel folks

  • toushoes
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 6, 2001
      I saw the pen sold separately;

      http://www.us.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10300347&hdwt=30806&loc=14617

      On Sun, 07 Oct 2001 02:55:47 +0200, you wrote:

      >On 06.10.01 at 22:50 steveadausa@... wrote:
      >> So far, I love the pen (for pointing and clicking) and my arms
      >>feel great. I hold the pen in one hand, and in the other
      >>I have a 5 button mouse, for customized commands.
      >
      >I switched to a pen and graphic tablet a few years ago and noticed the
      >same improvement. I think the angle you sit at is important too. If you
      >sit "wrongly" then the pen can also become a problem over time. I guess
      >the best thing is to keep moving around because the strain is due to
      >repetition (as the name says).
      >
      >On that subject, does anybody know where I can get a replacement pen
      >for a wacom pad?
      >I called wacom and they have a supplier who wants $70 for the pen. That
      >sounds a bit much. Can you use another stylus, a generic one from
      >somewhere like those universal remote control devices?
      >
      >Alternatively, you could help by concentrating some psychic power
      >towards finding the stylus I misplaced while moving house :-)
      >
      >Marcus

      @ ]]) Wendy
      @ ]]) aka: Toushoes
    • Marcus
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 6, 2001
        On 06.10.01 at 20:23 toushoes wrote:
        >I saw the pen sold separately;
        >
        >http://www.us.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10300347&hdwt=30806&loc=14
        617

        Thanks, it's good to know it's available at a far lower price :-)

        They only ship to the U.S. and UK, but the UK branch doesn't stock the
        pen. Does anybody know of a similar European stockist with reasonable
        prices?

        I discovered that Wacom themselves also ship the pen, but only within
        the U.S.

        Thanks,

        Marcus
      • MCMAIER
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 7, 2001
          As a former c.p. sufferer, I also recommend a gel pad below the keyboard
          which extends to the tablet. Fantastic comfort!
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 7, 2001
            Hi All,

            BTDT!!

            I too recommend the pad but have found that the most significant factor is
            raising your chair about 4 to 6 inches.

            It is amazing what that will do for you.

            Regards,

            Jim