IE 6.0

  • mikew@wtribe.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2001
      I recently switched to IE 6.0 because some of my clients did. It's an
      OK update, but I have had terrible stability problems. I have never
      had a program crash as often as it does, despite MS claiming it
      has "unprecedented stability." I'm using Win98 and do not appear to
      have problems with any other program.

      Does anyone know if MS is taking any action?

      Thanks,

      Mike Wilkinson
    • Christopher J. & Jo-Ann J. Spilker
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3, 2001
        Mike and others,

        Not having stability troubles with I.E. 6.0 (HP Pavilion XL766, 733 MHz
        P-III/ 512 MB RAM), however, my CD-RW and DVD drive letters now show up
        doubled (their drive letters become M: & M: plus N: & N: ) after I REFRESH
        the Windows Explorer window. Subsequent refreshes no help; CLOSE and
        RESTART Windows Explorer clears this anomaly.

        Even when the double drive letters show up, checking their contents under
        any of their letters still works!

        That is about all I see so far (been in I.E. 6.0 for approximately three
        weeks).

        Christopher J. Spilker