NetCaptor Goodies

  • David Talbott
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 2, 2001
      On the [NTB] Digest List #498 10/1

      Subject: Thank You For Link For NetCaptor

      Jack Kitchen wrote:

      >Jody
      >Thank you for the link to get NetCaptor and the $10.00 coupon. I
      have
      >installed and registered the software and so far it looks real good.
      >Perhaps some the seasoned users of the the program would like to
      >share their favorite tricks and customizations with us newbies??
      >NoteTab and now NetCaptor, indeed a powerful arsenal of tools.
      >Thanks again
      >Jack

      I'd appreciate some tips/tricks also.
      Jody, you're seasoned. What d'ya say?
      -David
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3, 2001
        Hi David

        >>Thank you for the link to get NetCaptor and the $10.00 coupon.

        >I'd appreciate some tips/tricks also. Jody, you're seasoned.
        >What d'ya say?

        Actually, the main purpose I use it for is the multiple tabs so
        that I can click links staying on the same page but having the
        links open in other tabs. I've found to only do 5-8 at a time
        though else you start getting links not found. I think that has
        to do with Windows, your connect, and how many connects you allow
        at a time. I forgot where that option is, it is not in NC
        though.

        To change locations of the ToolBars hold your mouse over the
        vertical line on the left of the ToolBar/address bar, etc. till
        the cursor changes to <---> and then drag/drop.

        I think it is Julie that likes the "locked tab" feature (right
        click on tab). I set all my options possible to open pages in
        new tabs keeping the focused page in focus, but you can change
        that. I have used to popup thing to catch the ads like at
        geocities, etc. so that you do not get them. Normally, I'm
        travelling at about 120 Klicks, so I don't mess with a lot of
        stuff.

      • Julie
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 3, 2001
          you wrote:

          >I think it is Julie that likes the "locked tab" feature (right
          >click on tab). I set all my options possible to open pages in
          >new tabs keeping the focused page in focus, but you can change
          >that. I have used to popup thing to catch the ads like at
          >geocities, etc. so that you do not get them. Normally, I'm
          >travelling at about 120 Klicks, so I don't mess with a lot of
          >stuff.

          Yes :-)?

          My favorite features of NetCaptor...

          I save various Yahoo Groups I'm subscribed to as "nomail" into
          CaptorGroups. I'll lock the tabs, so when I click on selected messages
          they'll open in new windows. It's also a great way to read a YahooGroup on
          the web when you've searched the archives. Lock the tab, and when you click
          on search results they'll open in new windows. I also have CaptorGroups set
          up for various news sources I like to skim, for devotionals, for book
          sites, for my webpages, etc. The possibilities are endless.

          The "alias" feature, which allows you to create your own shortcuts for
          pages you open frequently, is pretty neat (I've been using the Drudge
          Report shortcut a lot lately!), as well as the QuickSearch which allows the
          user to create custom shortcuts that can be used to initiate searches
          directly from the address bar. (My daughter especially likes the one I
          created for dictionary.com which lets you type "d prestidigitation" and
          figure out what prestidigitation means <G>.)

          Just the fact that you can open a new browser window and the focus can be
          set to stay in the old window is enough for me. IE and Netscape don't let
          you do that! The focus automatically jumps!

          Julie
        • David Talbott
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 5, 2001
            Julie and Jody,

            Thanks for the recent tips. You've helped with the learning curve.
            I like the popup control. That's always been a peeve with me.

            Jody wrote:
            >............ other tabs. I've found to only do 5-8 at a time
            >though else you start getting links not found. I think that has
            >to do with Windows, your connect, and how many connects you allow
            >at a time. I forgot where that option is, it is not in NC
            >though.

            I also found this to be true, and figured it was NC choking.

            - David T.
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 6, 2001
              Hi David,

              >> I've found to only do 5-8 at a time though else you start
              >> getting links not found. I think that has to do with Windows,
              >> your connect, and how many connects you allow at a time. I
              >> forgot where that option is, it is not in NC though.

              >I also found this to be true, and figured it was NC choking.

              Try the same with IE. Hold down the Ctrl key and keep clicking on a bunch of links, perhaps it is the Shift key that opens more windows when clicking is done.