Replace Notepad is messed up

  • Clueless in Seattle
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 25 10:32 AM
      A few weeks ago I created a batch file for running NTP that would
      "turn on" the "Replace Notepad" option each time I ran NTP, and the
      turn it off each tim I exited NTP.

      It worked fine for a while, but then something got messed up and now
      it doesn't work at all. To further complicate matters I had a bad
      reaction to a combination of common drugs (an antihistamine and
      caffeine) that resembled an epileptic seizure, so my brain is sort of
      wiped out and I'm not able to think very clearly.

      So I would be grateful for any help you guys can offer me in trying to
      get things working right again.

      Before we get too deeply into this can of worms that I've made of
      things, I thought that maybe if I just uninstalled both NTP and
      Notepad, and then reinstalled them again, that that might magically
      clear up the problem.

      So, for starters, if I want to save my NTP setting files for future
      reference, which files do I need to save? I would imagine that I'll
      need to rename them and maybe even put them in a different folder for
      safekeeping. Is that the right idea?