Using NTP to assist ACDSee descriptions

  • Sky-Surfer
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2000
      Hello all...

      I use ACDSee to view & organize my huge picture collection.
      (http://www.acdsystems.com/products/acdsee/index.htm)

      ACDSee has a cool feature of adding keywords to pictures, without
      modifying the actual picture. (They are stored in a hidden file
      called "descript.ion" (actually a text file) one instance per
      folder)

      The only bummer with this is that ACDSee will not remember what
      keywords I have used in the past, nor give me an option of
      creating a list of favorite keywords to choose from...
      (Hense, way too much repetitive typing... :-(

      This brings me to my reason for posting...

      I want/need to create a NTP clip that will show me a list of,
      say, 20-30 often used keywords, where I can choose multiple
      choices. Upon clicking "OK" the choices should be written to the
      clipboard awaiting pasting into ACDSee...

      Sample Keyword Wizard:
      (Non-alphabetical - Listed by priority & usage)

      Favorite
      Nature
      Maps
      Space
      Waterfalls
      ClipArt
      Buttons
      Animations
      Bars
      Family
      Friends
      Funnies
      Wallpaper_0640x0480
      Wallpaper_0800x0600
      Wallpaper_1024x0768

      Sample Output:
      (after making my multiple selections from the list above)

      Favorite, Nature, Waterfalls, Wallpaper_0800x0600

      While using ACDSee, I plan on using a macro tool to call NTP, run
      the above clip, and then paste the output into ACDSee at the
      current location. (Or maybe I should call it directly from NTP
      if that works smoother...)

      This type of clip I have no idea where to start. Any help would
      be greatly appreciated.

      Many thanx in advance...

      Skylight