Re: [NTO] add or to remove the ">" in E-mails

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 22, 2001
      Hi Dr. Schröder,

      >I am a not very experienced user of NoteTabPro. I follow this
      >Newsgroup almost daily and I know for sure that I had a clip
      >which allowed me to add or to remove the ">" in E-mails but I
      >cannot find it anymore on my PC. Please give me a hint where to
      >look for it, where to download it.

      There have been many posted. Here are two Libraries that I made
      from a number of Libraries. Consider it a smorgasbord of Clips,
      some do not give instructions to you need to play with the and
      then drag/drop your favorites to the top of the Library and/or
      put them on your default Library. There is some help, but not
      much. I suggest you copy/paste into documents and run certain
      Clips over then to see what happens.

      The NoteTabbers Assistant Page:

      http://www.notetab.net
      http://www.notetab.net/html/library.htm

      eForm'r
      http://www.notetab.net/zip/eform'r.zip
      eMailStuff
      http://www.notetab.net/zip/emailstuff.zip

    • T.O. Greazer
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 22, 2001
        At 01:40 PM 09/22/2001, Dr. Schröder Raimund wrote:

        >I follow this Newsgroup almost daily and I know for sure that I
        >had a clip which allowed me to add or to remove the ">" in
        >E-mails but I cannot find it anymore on my PC.

        Maybe you're thinking about the standard Toolbar operations
        of E-mail Quote and E-mail Unquote.

        Right click on the toolbar and select Properties to
        bring up the list of available standard Toolbar functions.
        Scroll way down until you find "E-mail Quote" and "E-Mail
        Unquote". Check their boxes and you'll have appropriate
        icons on your toolbar.

        T.O. Greazer
      • Nicole Simon
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 23, 2001
          "Dr. Schröder Raimund" <zahnarzt.schroeder@...> wrote:
          >I am a not very experienced user of NoteTabPro. I follow this Newsgroup
          >almost daily and I know for sure that I had a clip which allowed me to add
          >or to remove the ">" in E-mails but I cannot find it anymore on my PC.
          >Please give me a hint where to look for it, where to download it.

          You don't need a clip for this. :o)

          - Use ctrl-shift-q for unqoute
          - ctrl-shift-m to reformat paragraphs to a new lenght (for example 70)
          - Use ctrl-q for 're'qoute

          Nicole

          --
          »What's this for?« Dust Puppy (being hugged by A.J.)
          »It's for all of the people who can't do this anymore.« A.J. (crying)
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 23, 2001
            Nicole Simon wrote:

            > "Dr. Schröder Raimund" <zahnarzt.schroeder@...> wrote:
            > >I am a not very experienced user of NoteTabPro.
            >
            > You don't need a clip for this. :o)
            >
            > - Use ctrl-shift-q for unqoute
            > - ctrl-shift-m to reformat paragraphs to a new lenght (for example 70)
            > - Use ctrl-q for 're'qoute
            >
            > Nicole

            Hello All,

            True, you don't need a clip to unQuote email. You can
            right-click on the Toolbar and add 2 Toolbar icons to the
            toolbar, 1 for Quoting and 1 for UnQuoting.

            If you don't like any of the choices you've read so far here a 3
            very simple clips, 1 is a straightforward clip to "Quoting", 1
            for "UnQuoting", the other, a clip to either, Quote or UnQuote.

            h="UnQuote"
            ^!Select ALL
            ^!KeyBoard Shift+ctrl+Q

            h="Quote"
            ^!Select ALL
            ^!KeyBoard Ctrl+Q

            h="Quote ???"
            ^!Select ALL
            ^!Set %rmvq%=^?{Quote or Un...==Quote|_UnQuote}
            ^!If ^%rmvq% = Quote ^!KeyBoard Ctrl+Q
            ^!If ^%rmvq% = UnQuote ^!KeyBoard Shift+Ctrl+Q
            ^!Jump 1

            All the foregoing choices assume the text you are operating is
            opened in a NoteTab window.

            hrs
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 23, 2001
              Hi Harvey, and Others,

              >True, you don't need a clip to unQuote email. You can
              >right-click on the Toolbar and add 2 Toolbar icons to the
              >toolbar, 1 for Quoting and 1 for UnQuoting.
              >
              >If you don't like any of the choices you've read so far here a 3
              >very simple clips, 1 is a straightforward clip to "Quoting", 1
              >for "UnQuoting", the other, a clip to either, Quote or UnQuote.

              Ah, but when editing eMail, one surely needs more than the two
              Toolbar commands to quote and unquote, hence the smorgasbord of
              formatting tools in a Library. ;-)