RE: [NTO] Mail programs

  • DaneLogic
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 22, 2001
      Why will note tab not allow you to make Words Bold without making the whole
      document bold..John
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 22, 2001
        Hi Dane,

        >Why will note tab not allow you to make Words Bold without making
        >the whole document bold..John

        From Frequently Asked Questions:

        My Word processor file looks funny in NoteTab and some text is
        lost!

        Files produced by word processors are usually not saved as plain
        text files. They contain all sorts of control codes that only the
        word processor that created them (or compatible programs) can
        understand. Word processors use those special control characters
        to store text formatting information (bold, italic, line spacing,
        paragraph alignment, etc.).

        The NoteTab editor only understands plain text files (that's why
        it is so fast compared to a word processor) and will display the
        special control characters as funny symbols or rectangles on the
        screen. Some of the control characters may be interpreted by
        NoteTab as signaling the end of a file. This explains why such
        files are rarely fully loaded in the editor.

        Unless you really know what you are doing, you should not edit or
        save such files with NoteTab. Doing this may render them
        unreadable to your word processor!

        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 23, 2001
          Hi Adrian,

          >Still can't archive material using Mail Warrior. It's not the
          >spaces that are different (as I think I stated before), it's the
          >returns, so as soon as the text received is pasted into NoteTab
          >for joining lines, the lines do not join. The only way is to take
          >each message and double click for replying where the text quoted
          >can be inserted for Note Tab.

          Your Warrior text is probably soft wrapped. I think the two
          libraries I just posted will take care of it and plus more in one
          of the Clips.

          <!-- http://www.notetab.net/html/library.htm -->
          <!-- http://www.notetab.net/html/s-and-r.zip -->

          There are also some in my Replace Library, and NoteSort.

          <!-- http://www.notetab.net/html/library.htm -->
          http://www.notetab.net/zip/replace.zip
          http://www.notetab.netzip/notesort.zip

        • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 24, 2001
            Jody: Your Warrior text is probably soft wrapped. I think the two
            libraries I just posted will take care of it and plus more in one
            of the Clips.

            <!-- http://www.notetab.net/html/library.htm -->
            <!-- http://www.notetab.net/html/s-and-r.zip -->

            This link at the bottom went nowhere, and is probably the one to try, though I think I'm
            reducing down to Poco for the occasional HTML emails and Vivian for usual use, with
            Phoenix still around. In Vivian the automatic HTML reception is switched off because of this
            new HTML based virus (I'm being cautious)

            Adrian Worsfold

            http://www.pluralist.co.uk
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 24, 2001